How important is a professional fit?
To get your best vision, your glasses should be fit and adjusted by a trained optician. At Eye Rx, we have certified opticians who work closely with our doctors to give you clear, quality vision.
The Right Fit Checklist:
- Frame: When selecting your frame, our opticians will help you choose one that is slightly wider than your face, and properly aligns with your eyes. You should be able to fit no more than a finger-width of space between the arms and your temple. Frames with the right fit won’t rest on your cheeks or touch your brows.
- Bridge or nosepiece: The bridge or nose piece should fit securely and comfortably, keeping your glasses stable. We can make adjustments to the nosepiece so that your glasses rest comfortably, and that your vision is aligned correctly.
- Temples: The arms of your glasses should reach your ears before they start to curve to fit securely and comfortably.
- Pupil position: Your pupils should be in line with the center of your lenses to give you the best vision. This measurement is especially important for patients with astigmatism, progressive lenses, and bifocals.
A professional fit helps you to avoid these issues:
- Eye strain and headaches can result from glasses that are not aligned properly.
- Poorly fit glasses may cause your vision to be distorted. Distortion in your vision affects your depth perception that could cause you to trip or fall.
- Glasses that don’t fit securely or slide down your nose, may change how well you see. A good fitting is especially important when it comes to a progressive or bifocal lens!
We know from experience, if your glasses pinch your nose, hurt your ears, or fall off when you move, you won’t wear them…and that doesn’t just apply to children, adults do it too!
Our trained team of certified opticians will make sure that your glasses are the right fit and style for your best vision. One of our patients says it well:
“The opticians helped me select an awesome pair of glasses, my first ones. When my glasses were ready for pick-up, I received a call and it was sooner than I expected. So happy I found them, satisfied customer here!” Ana C.
We are sure you will agree! The opticians in our K Street office are Justin Gooding and Dario Claudio. In our Chevy Chase office, Antionette Love and Malerie Alcantara will be happy to help you.
Do your glasses need an adjustment? Adjustments are available to our patients at no charge. Stop in and see us during regular office hours, no appointment needed.