Welcome to the Eye Rx blog page! In this section, you’ll read about the latest news, most advanced solutions to vision problems, useful tips for healthier eyesight and many other topics related to eye care. We are committed to educating our patients about their visual health and helping them make the best decisions. Whether you need information on what to expect about eye exams or pointers for choosing better eyewear, let this blog be your guide.
About Eye Rx
Since the mid-90s, Eye Rx has helped numerous patients in the Washington-Baltimore area address their eye care needs. Headed by Dr. Stephen Lobaugh alongside Dr. Benjamin Teller, our practice specializes in extensive eye care and the medical management of keratoconus and a range of eye diseases. For many years we’ve remained one of the most trusted eye care specialists in the area because:
- We have vast experience prescribing corrective eyewear such as contact lenses and eyeglass frames that allow for clearer vision without compromising comfort and convenience.
- We have comprehensive knowledge about ophthalmic surgical care, including the most up-to-date procedures in laser refraction.
- We use high-quality products and state-of-the-art equipment for all our eye care services.
- We accept Care Credit financing that allows for convenient payment schemes to fit every budget.
- We accept a range of health insurance programs and accommodate many vision plans.
As a premier eye doctor in Chevy Chase, MD, and the Metropolitan D.C. areas. Eye Rx offers the following range of services:
- Comprehensive Eye Exams. Prevent eye problems from worsening, or even forming in the first place, with regula,r thorough eye checkups from our specialists.
- LASIK/PRK. This laser procedure changes the shape of the cornea for permanent vision correction.
- Dry Eye Treatment. Eye Rx will analyze your tear composition, which helps determine the underlying cause of your dry eyes, then treat the condition accordingly.
- Macular Degeneration Detection. Upon diagnosis of macular degeneration, you will be referred to a retinal specialist for treatment.
- Glaucoma Treatment. We treat this condition with either medicated eye drops or laser, depending on severity.
- Cataract Removal. Eye Rx works with a network of surgeons who will remove your cataracts in a simple outpatient procedure.
Ensure a lifetime of healthy, clear eyesight by turning to Eye Rx for all your vision needs. We serve areas in and around Baltimore and Chevy Chase, MD, plus Metropolitan D.C. Schedule an appointment with us today by calling (301) 841-6776 .